What are you having apart from that roast this Christmas? Looking for a fast (as always!), simple yet substantial something to eat? Well this Bea’s Duo Seafood Salad is really one delicious salad, perfect as an accompaniment alongside all those Xmas dishes or it is also very suitable for that post Xmas meal – healthy choice, especially good to recover from all that red meat roasts, turkey roasts, Christmas Puddings and sweets and whatnots!
I love the fact that this recipe uses Basil! Basil never fails to give dishes that refreshing feel and that aromatic after taste! I have served this on a warm Xmas day before too and it was the first thing gone from the table – there were plenty of seconds of the roasts for everyone but not the salad! 🙂
This is a refreshing salad with a combination of squid and prawns – grilled and then added onto a bed of Spinach and its gang! If you’re still looking for ideas for that Xmas dinner, here’s something to consider!
- 3 Squids cleaned, washed and pat dry
- 6 medium tiger prawns cleaned, washed and pat dry
- 1 medium bunch fresh Basil leaves
- 1 medium packet Spinach
- 1 small red onion diced
- Half medium Capsicum sliced
- 1 lemon optional
For the marinade
- 3 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 stalk Red Chilli sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Marinade the seafood and set aside.
- Mix the vegetables and half Basil in a salad bowl.
- Grill Squid and Prawns (use all the marinade)
- Place the grilled seafood on the bed of salad.
- Pour any remaining sauce (from the grilling) over the salad.
- Add in remaining basil while seafood is still warm.
- Ready to serve.