This easy Nasi Goreng is one of my all time favourite recipes. As I have named it, Easy Nasi Goreng, this recipe only uses 5 basic ingredients (YAAAAAY! Lazy-Bea strikes!): Eggs, Rice (Duh!), Dried Shrimps, Chilli paste, Minced Garlic or Garlic Paste.
This Nasi Goreng recipe is perfect for lunch or dinner, over any season. Of course, sometimes, when Bea is not feeling as lazy, she modifies and adds in seafood and vegetables. Some days, I love it with cabbage and others, I just toss in half a cup of frozen mix vegetables and that does the job of having a complete meal, for me at least 😉
For those who do not like that ‘prawny-fishy’ smell of dried shrimps, you may omit it altogether or replace it with dried anchovies. If you do not have chilli paste readily available, then just slice up some a stalk of red and green chilli each, as an alternative. Although the colour may not be the same as what is reflected here, the spicy-ness should still be there. Bea’s Easy Nasi Goreng is a perfect ‘pick me up’ dish! For first timers of Nasi Goreng, you cannot go wrong with this recipe. Ahakz 🙂 Go pick yourself up with this ‘pick me up’ dish 😉
- 2 cups white rice cooked
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Paste
- 1 tablespoon Chilli paste
- 50 grams dried shrimps washed and drained (optional)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Salt / Light soya sauce to taste
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Fry eggs tip scrambled.
- Set eggs aside.
- Fry dried shrimps till slightly golden.
- Add in Chilli paste and garlic paste.
- Fry till fragrant, add in rice.
- Return scrambled eggs to the pan.
- Sprinkle salt or light soya sauce (personal preference) to taste.
- Give a good toss.
- Serve hot, with a side salad or fried chicken wings.
Dried Shrimps can be substituted with dried anchovies. For a complete vegetarian option, this can be completely omitted or replaced with vegetables.
For a strictly vegan option, replace egg with other preferred vegetables.