Here is a 4-ingredient recipe for Salmon lovers. Also ideal for those who are totally new to Salmon. The baking time varies, depending on personal preference of how cooked and how crispy you want it to be too. Another option is to sear off the Salmon on high heat for 30 seconds – 1 minute before placing it in the oven. It depends largely on personal preference.
I normally use Wild Atlantic Salmon – there is just a distinct beautiful flavour to Wild Salmon. However, Wild Salmon may not be easily available. Otherwise, the Arctic Char or Organic Salmon pieces are also quite delicious. Salmon belong to the category of fatty fish like Tuna, Trout, Herrings, Sardines and Mackerel. When eaten in moderation Salmon offers health benefits as it is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids.
- 1 medium piece Wild Atlantic Salmon
- 1 teaspoon grated Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon minced Garlic
- 3 tablespoons light Soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 200ºC
- Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Give Salmon a quick rinse and pat completely dry with kitchen paper (optional)
- Mix all other ingredients in a bowl
- Dip Salmon into mixture thoroughly.
- Place Salmon on prepared tray
- Pour the rest of mixture over Salmon
- Place in oven and leave to bake till marinate thickens
- Serve hot over a bed of greens or with plain rice
- The remaining marinade can be served as a glazed dressing to be poured over cooked Salmon as needed
Add freshly ground pepper if preferred