One of my favourite canned fish has to be Sardines, particularly the canned Ayam Brand Sardines, sold in the Asian Shops. They come in a flat oval shaped can with a rich tomato sauce base. Some people love the tomato sauce base while others may find it a tad too salty. As for me, sometimes I use a little bit of the sauce and at other times, I completely omit it altogether. These Sardines are so versatile that, coupled with vegetables and spices, it can make a complete dish with a side of rice.
One of my favourite ways of preparing these Sardines would be in the form of my very own Rainbow Sardine Salad 😉 I loveeee it and sometimes, even crave for it as a quick lunch option! Sometimes, i even have it with a side of hot rice or toast and it’s just sooooooo yummmmm! ♥♥♥ Oh and to kill that fishy Sardine smell, just add more lemon and pepper, but heyyyyy Sardines will always be Sardines 😉
- 1 can Ayam Brand Sardines
- 1/2 large Onions
- 1 stalk Chilli
- 1 medium Tomato
- 1 small cucumber
- 4 red radish
- 1/2 Capsicum Pick your choice of colour
- 2 stalks Cilantro
- 1 Lemon / Lime for juice
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- A dash of Olive oil
- Wash, drain and dice all above ingredients.
- Remove Sardines from can and place in a big Salad bowl. (Avoid as much of the tomato sauce as you can)
- Smash Sardines in bowl.
- Add in all diced ingredients.
- Squeeze lemon juice as desire.
- Add salt and Pepper to taste.
- Serve with a side of toasted bread.